ss_blog_claim=716abd07001846efdb3973be110f720f

Aug 25, 2007

Alzheimer's Walk coming to your neck of the woods!


It is very rare that blogger's get the opportunity to blog about something that makes a difference and get paid for it. Yes, admittedly this is a paid blog entry but I felt the topic was definitely worth the few minutes it would take to write an entry about it. The Alzheimer's Association is bringing the Memory Walk to an area near you and needs some Team Captains. Signing up is super easy and raising money is easy.

I participated in a "virtual walk" post-Katrina when our HIV agency had their walk postponed. I never realized how simple it would be to raise a quick $500 just by using the tools on the website. Even if you don't want to walk for the Memory Walk this year (although ours is being held in late November -- no excuses for me since the weather will be awesome) it is still possible to do your part to help research for Alzheimer's by signing up to be a Team Captain on the website. Once you have set your team goals, just send a quick letter out to all of your email contacts. You will be surprised how quickly you can get sponsors, especially when Alzheimer's has touched so many people out there. The Alzheimer's Association even has a way for you to win a trip to Las Vegas if you participate. Just check out the site for more details. I know I will be starting my team in just a few minutes. It would be nice if Team Captains kept each other up to date by adding some comments to this entry. Hmmm... maybe a bit of healthy competition?

Join the cause guys. It's not about the money I get paid to write this. It's because it is a very real possibility this will someday affect each of us. Guess where the money I get from writing this entry will go? My team of course. Now I just need a team name!






0 reader comments: