ss_blog_claim=716abd07001846efdb3973be110f720f

Apr 9, 2007

Taking a step back.

Every once in a while it is helpful to take a step back and see what it is you have in your blog as a whole package. Think about what it is you want to accomplish, who you want to reach, how you will reach them, and what it is you want to present to them. Of course there are some excellent sites and blogs that have worksheets and lists of questions to ask yourself when starting a blog or website, but they all seem to boil down to those basic questions.

When I began this blog I wanted to provide information about making money by writing blogs or designing websites. Initially I thought I'd just throw up some content from a free content provider, add some Google AdSense, and I would have money pouring in overnight. Boy was I wrong (and I hear many readers laughing as they read this). The more research I did online, the more I became lost in a haze of blogs and sites that suggested different strategies. I kept getting drawn to a few specific ones and have tried many affiliate programs out in the meantime. Admittadly, I neglected this blog and my readers. For that I deeply appologize.

I have decided to take a step back and reorganize my whole approach to this blog, the website I am designing, and the information I am going to provide. In the next few days you will see this blog begin to reorganize itself (posts, format, categories, advertisements, etc.). I would appreciate honest feedback on your thoughts about this blog. I enjoy constructive criticism and will mention your feedback in my posts as I improve the blog. I think this would be an excellent service to the other "newbie" bloggers who are trying their hand at this!

And I am always up for link exchanges as well. One of the things I hope you notice immediately is link section I have added in the side bar. I will also be reviewing each site in a seperate post as well as listing them all in a post that will be updated with all of the links and short review. Email me if you would like to be included on the list!

Thanks to everyone who has given me pointers so far and here's to an improved future!