ss_blog_claim=716abd07001846efdb3973be110f720f

Jun 23, 2007

Need to save cash on phone calls?

Okay most people these days have a cell phone and think they have no need for phone cards or another means to make long distance calls. My recent experience in Chicago taught me that you can't always rely on your mobile phone. I use a major carrier (which I will not name because I really like their service) and have their prepaid plan. It just so happens that while en route on the airplane, I inadvertently left the phone on. Despite that warning from the flight attendant, it didn't bring the plane down but did run my battery out as it searched for a signal at 35,000 feet! Well, I was in Chicago for only one day (ironically interviewing for a flight attendant position) and had NO access to my phone as I left my charger in New Orleans. Huge city... no clue where I was... and I had to find a phone card to call my ride that was picking my up that night back at the New Orleans airport. I wish I had found Pingo.com earlier!

Pingo offers the best global phone card deals with all sorts of crazy incentives for signing up on their website, referring friends, or being creative (more on that in a minute). No need to worry about the company as they are a service of iBasis, a public company and one of the largest carriers of international phone calls in the world. One of the best features in my opinion is the "PINless" dialing. There is no need to enter a slew of numbers just to reach that friend waiting at the airport. Signing up gets you four hours of international calling and a $5 bonus depending on your sign up package. Now, if you are creative (here's the fun part) -- Pingo.com is working with Qoof.com to pay $5 to the first 250 Pingo user-mercial videos posted! Interested in their affiliate program? It pays $15 for each new person who you sign up for their calling card program (I'm checking this out after this post)! Refer your friends and earn $5 for FREE calling! This company is definately worth checking out if you have a blog and want some "perks"!



Canon Powershot

0 reader comments: